This estate is located in Châtillon, about 5 miles south of Paris.
The location on a map of the village in 1765 (north on the left side)
Initially, there was a building owned by Claude Bellon, a dance master. In 1708, the swiss banker Högger, Baron of Preskes bought the estate and kept only the basement.
In 1728, he ordered the architect, François Debias Aubry, a Folie (madness as it’s called in french), a building for his lover, the actress Charlotte Desmares.